- May 29, 2020 - WSI's Dr. Patrick Fleming named 2020 recipient of the Journal of Soil and Water Conservation Editor’s Choice Honorable Mention Award for his 2019 article: Fleming, P.M., D.J. Merritts, and R.C. Walter 2019. Legacy sediment erosion hot spots: A cost- effective approach for targeting water quality improvements. The award will be presented virtually during the 75th SWCS International Annual Conference on July 27-29, 2020. We are very proud of Patrick and the WSI team and are grateful to be recognized for this important study!
- July 15, 2019 (Lancaster Online) - Are We Focused on the Wrong Dam(s)? (letter)
- July 9, 2019 (PA Environmental Digest) - Water Science Institute Report Finds Legacy Sediment Floodplain Restoration Extremely Cost, Land Efficient
- March 22, 2018 (Bay Journal) - Stream Mapping Helps to Identify Most Cost-Effective Restoration Sites
- October 27, 2017 (U Delaware) - Fourth Annual Water Symposium: Participants discuss land use legacy, water quality and stream restoration
- September 16, 2017 (USDA.gov) - USDA Announces More than $1.5 Million in Conservation Innovation for Chesapeake Bay Watershed in Pennsylvania
- June 23, 2017 (Lancaster Online) - Working together to improve Lancaster County’s water quality
- June 18, 2015 (Lancaster Online) - Restoring the Chesapeake Bay should be our legacy